News in 2018
New faces and completed theses
After a two year research stay in the United States at Argonne National Laboratory, Mirko Hahn joined our group in Magdeburg at the end of June to finish his PhD Thesis about efficient solution methods for optimization problems with integers and partial differential equations.
Dr. Felix Kehrle finished his PhD thesis on Inverse Simulation for Cardiac Arrhythmia.
Felix Bernhardt successfully defended his Master's Thesis on Comparison of machine learning, domain-specific and hybrid models for discrimination of cardiac arrhythmias in which he extended the work of Flo Kehrle by applying machine learning algorithms. Starting in January 2019 he is a PhD student in our working group and will continue working on the intersection of machine learning and optimization applied to medical applications.
Conferences and Publications
In 2018 the members of the MATHOPT group joined several conferences and presented new research results. The conferences with its participating group members are listed below.
- 22nd Combinatorial Optimization Workshop, Aussois, January 8-12. (Emily)
- CESAR Annual Meeting 2018, Berlin, March 15.-17. (Felix)
- 7th International Conference on High Performane Scientific Computing, Hanoi, March 19.-23. (Clemens, Felix, Patrick)
- INFORMS Optimization Conference 2018, Denver, CO, March 23-25. (Emily)
- International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (ISCO), Marrakesh, Morocco, 11-13 April. (Emily)
- INdAM Workshop "Mathematical and Numerical Modeling of the Cardiovascular System", Rom, April 16.-19. (Tobias)
- Population Approach Group Europe, Montreux, May 29. - June 1. (Felix)
- Symposium Discrete Mathematics, Graz, June 15-16 (Maximilian)
- International Symposium for Mathematical Programming (ISMP), Bordeaux, France, 1-6 July. (Emily)
- ISMP2018, Bordeaux, July 1.-6. (Mirko, Duc, Manuel, Clemens, Maximilian, Emily)
- IFIP TC 7 Conference on System Modelling and Optimization, Essen, July 23.-27. (Felix)
- EUCCO, Trier, September 10-12. (Mirko)
- Workshop on Discrete and Continuous Optimization, Hirschegg, September 15-21 (Maximilian)
- Journal of Global Optimization highlights session. INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, 4-7 November. (Emily)
Boat trip in Vietnam
Last Modification: 2019-01-14 - Contact Person: Felix Jost - Impressum